Bhatia Hospital (referred to as “we”, us”, “BH”) is the author and publisher of the internet resource www.bhatiahospital.org referred to as “Websites” on the world wide web as well as other software and applications provided by BH, including but not limited to the mobile applications (referred to as “App”, and together with Websites referred to as “Services”). BH provides the Services in partnership with its agents, affiliates, associates, representatives or other third parties (together referred to as “Partners”)
") explains how we collect, use, share and protect personal information about the Users of the Services (jointly and severally referred to as “you
” or “User
” or “Users
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”);and
- The type of information collected from the Users, including sensitive personal data orinformation;
- The purpose, means and modes of usage of such information;and
- How and to whom we will disclose suchinformation.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generallysome oftheServicesrequireustoknowwho you areso thatwecan bestmeetyourneeds.Whenyou accesstheServices,wemayaskyoutovoluntarilyprovideuswithcertaininformationthatpersonallyidentifies you or could be used to personally identify you. Without prejudice to the generality of the above, information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) thefollowing:
- Contact data (such as your email address and phonenumber);
- Demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your pincode);
- Data regarding your usage of the services and history of the appointments and other transactions made by or with you through the use ofServices;
- Health or medical data (such as your past medical history and conditions, diagnostic reports, prescriptions and medicationhistory)
- Insurance data (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan);and
- Otherinformationthatyouvoluntarilychoosetoprovidetous(suchasinformationsharedbyyouwith us through emails or letters, your work details, your familydetails)
The information collected from you by BH may constitute ‘personal information’ or ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules. Personal information is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The SPI Rules further define “sensitive personal data or information” of a person to mean personal information about that person relating to:
- financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental healthcondition;
- medical records andhistory;
- information received by body corporate under lawful contract orotherwise;
- visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter;and
- Call datarecords
Information that is freely available in the public domain or accessible under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law will not be regarded as personal information or sensitive personal data or information.
3. PRIVACY STATEMENTS
- All the information provided to us by a User, including sensitive personal information, is voluntary. Youunderstandthat BH,eitheritselforwithitsPartners,mayusecertaininformationofyours,which hasbeendesignatedas‘sensitivepersonaldataorinformation’undertheSPIRules,(a)forthepurpose of providing you the Services, (b) for commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non- personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, for (c) for sale or transfer of such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable formtoourPartners.BH also reserves the right to use information provided by or about the User for the followingpurposes:
- Publishing such information on theWebsite.
- Contacting Users for offering new products orservices.
- Contacting Users for taking product and Servicefeedback.
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design andutility.
- Analyzing anonymized information for commercialuse.
You hereby consent to such use of such information by BH and our Partner
- Users’personallyidentifiableinformation,whichtheychoosetoprovideontheWebsiteorAppisused to help the Users describe/identify themselves. Other information that does not personally identify the Usersasanindividual,iscollectedby BH or ourPartnersfromUsers(suchas,patternsofutilization described above) and is exclusively owned by BH or its partners. We or our Partners may also use suchinformationinanaggregatedornonpersonallyidentifiableformforresearch,statisticalanalysis
and business intelligence purposes, and may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties. In particular, we and our Partners reserve with us the right to use anonymized User demographics information and anonymized User health information for the following purposes:
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design andutility.
- Analyzing such information for research and development of newtechnologies.
- Using analysis of such information in other commercial product offerings of BH or our Partners.
- Sharing analysis of such information with third parties for commercialuse.
- You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your personal information changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on your profile information page on the Websites or App or by contacting us at [email protected]. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or BH has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, BH may, at its sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Services toyou.
- If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us through[email protected].We will retain your information for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you the Services. We shall not retain suchinformationforlongerthanisrequiredforthepurposesforwhichtheinformationmaylawfullybe used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us or our Partners as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively or improve the Services, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analyticpurposes.
- BH may require the User to pay with a credit card, debit card, net banking or other online payment mechanisms for Services for which an amount(s) is/are payable. BH will collect such User’s credit card number and/or other financial institution information such as bank account numbers and will use that information for the billing and payment processes, including but not limited to the use and disclosure of such credit card number and information to third parties as necessary to complete such billing operation. Verification of credit information, however, is accomplished solely by the User through the authentication process offered by a third party payment gateway. User’s credit-card/debit card details are transacted upon secure sites of approved payment gateways which are digitally under encryption, thereby providing the highest possible degree of care as per current technology. User is advised, however, that internet technology is not full proof safe and User should exercise discretion on using the same.
- DuetothecommunicationsstandardsontheInternet,whenaUserororanyonewhovisitstheWebsite, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which anyone visits. We also receive the Internet Protocol (IP) address of each User’s computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the World WideWeb),User’scomputer/deviceoperatingsystemandtypeofwebbrowsertheUserisusing,email patterns, as well as the name of User’s ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help BH improve its Service. The linkage between User’s IP address and User’s personally identifiable information may be available to us or our Partners but is not shared with other third parties. Notwithstanding the above, we may share some of the aggregate findings (not the specific data) in anonymized form (i.e., non-personally identifiable) with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to help grow ourbusiness.
- In order to have access to all the features and benefits on our Website or App, a User must first create an account on our Website or App. To create an account, a User is required to provide the following information, which such User recognizes and expressly acknowledges is personal information allowing others, including BH, to identify the User: name, User ID, email address, address, date of birth, gender, phone number and password chosen by the User. Other optional information may be requested on the registration page. We may, in future, include other optional requests for information from the UsertohelpustocustomizetheServicestodeliverpersonalizedinformationtotheUser.However,We assume your consent in relation to various matters, once you complete the registrationprocess.
- TheServicesmayenableaUsertocommunicatewithotherUsersortopostinformationtobeaccessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. Such Users, including any moderators or administrators, are not authorized BH representatives or agents, and their opinions or statements do not necessarily reflect those of BH, and they are not authorized BH to any contract.BH hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any reliance or misuse of such information that is made available by Users or visitors in such amanner.
- BH may periodically ask users to complete surveys asking about their experiences with features of theWebsites, App and Services. Our surveys may ask visitors for demographic information such as age, gender, and education. We use survey information for evaluation and quality improvement purposes, including helping BH to improve information and services offered. In addition, users giving feedback maybeindividuallycontactedforfollow-upduetoconcernsraisedduringthecourseofsuchevaluation. Demographic information and Web log data may be stored for future evaluation and quality improvementactivities.
- Comments or questions sent to us using email or secure messaging forms will be shared with our employees and health care professionals who are most able to address the comment or question. We will archive your messages once we have made our best effort to provide you with a complete and satisfactory response. Some of our services such as our automated appointment selection and prescription refill for BH generated prescriptions interact directly with other BH data systems. Dataaboutyourtransactionmaybestoredinthesesystems,andavailabletopeoplewhotestandsupport thesesystems.WhenyouuseaserviceontheWebsitesortheApptointeractdirectlywith BH health care professionals, some information you provide may be documented in your medical record, and available for use to guide your treatment as apatient.
- Our Websites and the App may include social media Features, such as the Facebook button. These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providingthem.
- IfyouareusingtheWebsitesorApp,withyourpermission,wewillusethegeolocationfeatureofyour mobile device or same or similar feature of the device you are using to access the Websites. When you download and use the App, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier. BH and our Partners do not share your location informationwithotheranythirdparty.Youmayoptoutoflocationbasedservicesonyourmobilephone by changing the relevant/ applicable setting at your devicelevel.
- BH does not collect information about the visitors of the Website from other sources, such as public recordsorbodies,orprivateorganisations,saveandexceptforthepurposesofregistrationoftheUsers
(thecollection,storageanddisclosureofwhicheachUsermustagreetounderthetermsofuseinorder for BH to effectively render theServices).
- BH has implemented best international market practices and security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that it has under its control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, for anydatalossortheftduetounauthorizedaccesstotheUser’selectronicdevicesthroughwhichtheUser availstheServices,BH or its Partners shallnotbeheldliableforanylosswhatsoeverincurredbythe User.
- BH ensures it and its partners implement reasonable security practices and procedures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of BH’s business. The reasonable security practices and procedures implemented by us include but are not limited to: encryptingdatawhenitisonthemoveusingindustrystandardpractices,regularlychangingproduction keys and password, secure access to all production servers, performing regular security updates on our servers and more.
- BH may also disclose or transfer End-Users’ personal and other information a User provides, to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of a BH division or company. Any third party to which BH transfers or sells its assets to will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that Users provide to us, in accordance with the Terms ofUse.
- To the extent necessary to provide Users with the Services, BH may provide their personal information to third party contractors who work on behalf of or with BH to provide Users with such Services, to help BH communicate with Users or to maintain the Website or App. Generally these contractors do not have any independent right to share this information, however certain contractors who provide services on the Website, including the providers of online communications services, will have rights to use and disclose the personal information collected in connection with the provision of these Services in accordance with their own privacypolicies.
4. CASUAL VISITORSNOTE:
- No sensitive personal data or information is automatically collected by BH from any casual visitors of this website, who are merely perusing thesite.
- Ifyou,asacasualvisitor,havebrowsedanypageofthisWebsitepriortoreadingtheprivacystatements set out herein, and you do not agree with them, normally quitting the browser should ordinarily clear any temporary cookies installed by BH. We, however, encourage you to use the “clear cookies” functionality of your browsers to ensure such clearing / deletion, as BH cannot guarantee, predict or provide for the behaviour of the equipment of all the visitors of theWebsite.
5. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
- Your Personal Information is maintained by BH in electronic form on its or its employees and Partners equipment. Such information may also be converted to physical form from time to time. We take necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and off-line, and implementsreasonable securitypracticesandmeasuresincludingcertainmanagerial,technical,operationalandphysicalsecuritycontrol
measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of BH’s business.
- No administrator at BH will have knowledge of your password. It is important for you to protect againstunauthorizedaccesstoyourpassword,yourcomputerandyourmobilephoneordevice.Besure tologofffromtheWebsitewhenfinished.BHanditsPartnersdonotundertakeanyliabilityforany unauthorized use of your account and password. If you suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately notify BH by sending an email to [email protected]. You shall be liable to indemnify BH, its employees and Partners due to any loss suffered by them due to such unauthorized use of your account andpassword.
- BH makes all User information accessible to its employees only on a need-to-knowbasis.
- Part of the functionality of the Services is assisting the patients, customers and other stakeholders (like doctors, labs, pharmacies, customer care executives and others) to access information relating to them. BH may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the relevant patients, their doctors or other stakeholders.
- Notwithstanding the above, BH is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your personal information by our Partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such Partners and third parties. Further, BH and its Partners shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of BH and its Partners including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor qualityof Internet service or telephone service of the Useretc.
6. CHANGE TO PRIVACYPOLICY
to deactivate your account.Unlessstatedotherwise,BH’scurrentPrivacyPolicyappliestoallinformationthatBHhasabout You and Your account.
If a User uses the Services or accesses the Website or uses the App after a notice of changes has been sent to such User or published on the Website, such User hereby provides his/her/its consent to the changed terms.
7. CHILDREN'S AND MINOR'SPRIVACY
BH strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise the online activities of their minor children and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent minors from disclosing their name, address, and other personally identifiable information online without parental permission. Although the BH Website, App and Services are not intended for use by minors, BH respects the privacy of minors who may inadvertently use the internet or the mobile application.
8. CONSENT TO THISPOLICY
9. ADDRESS FOR PRIVACYQUESTIONS
We will use reasonable efforts to respond promptly to any requests, questions or concerns, which you may have regarding our use of your personal information.
If you have any grievance with respect to our use of your information, you may communicate such grievance to:
The Grievance Officer,
Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Ltd.
1-8-31/A, Minister Road, Krishna Nagar Colony Ramgopalpet, Secunderabad – 500003, Telangana State.
Email: [email protected]
All the information displayed, transmitted or carried by Bhatia Hospital and its related websites including, but not limited to, directories, guides, news articles, opinions, reviews, text, photographs, images, illustrations, profiles, audio clips, video clips, trademarks, service marks and the like, collectively the “Content”, are protected by the copyright and other intellectual property laws and be informed that the content of the same is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and not for solicitation of business. The Content is owned by Bhatia Hospital, its affiliates or third party licensors. You may not modify, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, reproduce, create derivative work from, distribute, repost, perform, display or in any way commercially exploit any of the Content. You agree to abide by all copyright notices and restrictions attached to any Content accessed through the Bhatia Hospital website and not to alter the content in any way. Permitted Use you may take a single copy of the Content displayed on the Bhatia Hospital for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not remove any trademarks, copyright and any other notice contained in such Content. You shall not archive or retain any Content in any form without written permission. The information provided in this site for the sole purpose of disseminating health information for public benefit.
The information provided by the Hospital is for general information purposes only. All information on the site is provided in good faith. While the Hospital has made every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided on the website, the Hospital however does not make any representation or warranty or accept any responsibility of any kind, express or implied regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, legality or completeness of any information on the site.
Under no circumstances shall the Hospital have any liability to you or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the site or reliance on any information provided on the site. Your use of the site and your reliance on any information on the site is solely at your risk.
The Hospital shall not be liable for any loss or damage or whatsoever nature (direct, indirect, consequential or other), whether arising in contract or otherwise, which may arise as a result of your use of (or inability to use), this website or from your use of the information on this site.
In respect of our website providing links to other websites owned by third parties, the contents of such third party sites is not within our control and we cannot and will not take responsibility for the information or contents thereof.
General Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The Bhatia Hospital website contains facts, views, opinions, statements and recommendations of users of the Bhatia Hospital website, advertisers, third party information providers and organizations.
The Bhatia Hospital website does not represent or endorse the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed, uploaded or distributed through the website. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement or information shall be at your sole risk.
Bhatia Hospital makes no warranty or representation whatsoever regarding the website or any content, advertising services or products provided through or in connection with the website.
Bhatia Hospital expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation without limiting the foregoing, Bhatia Hospital shall not be liable to you or your business for any incidental, consequential, special, or punitive damages or lost or imputed profits or royalties arising out of this agreement or any goods or services provided, whether for breach of warranty or any obligation arising there from or otherwise, whether liability is asserted in contract or tort (including negligence and strict product liability) and irrespective of whether you have been advised of the possibility of any such loss or damage. Each party hereby waives any claims that these exclusions deprive such party of an adequate remedy.
You acknowledge that third party product and service providers advertise their products and services on the Bhatia Hospitals website. Bhatia Hospitals forms partnerships or alliances with some of these vendors from time to time in order to facilitate the provision of these products and services to you. However, you acknowledge and agree that at no time is Bhatia Hospitals making any representation or warranty regarding any third party’s products or services, nor will Bhatia Hospitals be liable to you or any third party for any claims arising from or in connection with such third party products and services. You hereby disclaim and waive any rights and claims you may have against Bhatia Hospitals with respect to third party products and services, to the maximum extent permitted by law. Further you agree that to use the Site and contents thereof only for lawful purposes.
Feedback & Opinions
Any feedback / opinion(s) expressed in response to e-mail queries shall not be treated as medical advice until and unless the physical examination of the patient is carried out no treatment shall be initiated. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. Whilst every effort is made to address all queries and to accommodate valuable feedback from the Users, Bhatia Hospitals does not guarantee a response or action to every mail.
Bhatia Hospitals are required by law to maintain the privacy of your medical information, to provide you with this written Notice of Privacy Rights and Practices, and to abide by the terms of the Notice currently in effect. This policy shall be applicable to the information collected or displayed on our website. We assure to take the privacy seriously and to keep your privacy and confidentiality of the information provided to us.
We shall not intentionally or unless required under laws share the contents of any person with any outside authorities or any third party. We do not guarantee or assure that the electronic communications received from you or contents or records may not be accessible to the third parties.